Thursday, October 9, 2008

the flower market

a couple of saturdays ago, my beloved and i spent the morning at the neihu flower market, picking out wedding flowers with our florist. it was my first time there and it was a real treat. i could have spent hours there just looking around at everything. they had such interesting things -- all kinds of gourds, stars of bethlehem, cattails, and all sorts of exotic trees and blooms.

it was such a delight to see that so many flowers that i didn't think were available in taiwan actually are! and after being told by several people that i was going to be hard-pressed to find autumn-colored flowers here, seeing all the orange and yellow hues gave me hope that i can have the colors i want at my wedding! as you can see, they also had lots of pumpkins! i can't wait to get back to the flower market!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your florist is working out for you. Mine was lame! She jacked up the prices yet didn't give me what I asked for.

    ReplyDelete