Friday, February 18, 2011

facebook and taiwan

when i first joined facebook, it seemed like most of the people on my friends list were my friends in the US or my foreign friends in taiwan. it seemed like most people in taiwan weren't really into it or didn't even know about the site. but today i was thinking about how, actually, it seems that now a good percentage of my facebook friends are my taiwanese friends. facebook has really caught on in taiwan in a big way. i would say that my taiwanese friends are way more active on facebook than my "foreign" friends. it's pretty amazing. we just watched "the social network" this week, which was pretty interesting. it's amazing how it has really expanded across the world and become such an everyday part of SO many people's lives.

another thought i had about facebook is how great it is for improving my chinese reading ability. i have learned a lot of new words and slang from reading my friends' status updates and posts. that's a pretty cool benefit, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment